How to Connect Tablet to Projector Wirelessly
Projectors are a great way of displaying information on large screens, but they can be expensive and difficult to set up. A wireless connection is a perfect solution for connecting your tablet or smartphone to your projector without having to run wires through your room.
You’ll need some sort of device that connects to the projector via Wi-Fi, such as an AirPlay receiver or Chromecast dongle. Once you have this setup, it’s easy to stream content from your mobile device to the projector by using apps like Google Chromecast and Apple TV.
Some related questions:
- How to connect a tablet to a projector?
- Can you connect a tablet to a projector?
Here’s how to do it.
This is a guide on How to Connect Tablet to Projector Wirelessly. This will help you understand how to connect your tablet to projector wirelessly and get started with it.
Here’s how to set up a wireless connection between your tablet and projector.
Step 1: Get an HDMI wireless dongel
The easiest option is using a wireless HDMI dongle, which allows you to project directly from your phone. These devices usually come equipped with their own remote controls, so you don’t have to worry about finding a separate remote. They also work well for projecting in multiple rooms at once since each one has its own individual ID.
Types of Dongles:
There are two main types of wireless HDMI dongles available today. One type uses Bluetooth technology, while the other uses Wi-Fi. Both types allow you to stream media from your mobile device directly to your projector, but they differ slightly in terms of setup and connectivity.
Bluetooth dongles are easier to set up, but they aren’t compatible with every mobile device. Some models won’t even let you pair them with certain phones. Wi-Fi dongles are more versatile, but they require a bit more technical know-how. We recommend starting with a Bluetooth model if you don’t already have experience with Wireless connectivity.
To buy the best wireless dongles click on the links below:
To use a Bluetooth dongle, first, download the free app onto your Android or iOS device.
Then follow these steps:
1. Open the app on your phone and select the device you want to connect to.
2. Tap the blue button on your projector’s remote control. The projector should automatically detect the wireless signal and open the app.
3. If the projector doesn’t recognize your phone, try rebooting it.
4. Once connected, choose the file you want to send to the projector.
5. Press the play/pause button on your phone’s remote control to start playing the video.
6. When you’re done watching, press the pause button again to stop streaming.
7. To disconnect, tap the red button on your projector‘s remote control.
8. On your phone, find the Bluetooth icon in the notification bar and turn off the connection.
9. If you lose the connection, reestablish it by tapping the blue button on your phone‘s remote control again.
10. Repeat these steps until everything works properly.
If you prefer to use a Wi-Fi dongle, here’s what you need to know:
1. Download the free app onto your laptop or desktop computer.
2. Plug the USB cable into both your projector and your computer.
3. Go back to your mobile device and open the app. Select the device you want to access.
4. Click on the Wifi icon on your projector’s remote control. Your projector should automatically detect the network and open the app. If not, try restarting your projector.
5. Choose the file you want to stream to your projector.
6. Press the play/stop button on your remote control to start playing.
7. When you’ve finished watching, press the pause/play button on your remote control.
8. Find the Wi-Fi icon on your mobile device’s remote control and click it to disconnect.
9. Reestablish the connection by clicking the Wifi icon on the remote control again.
10. Repeat these steps until all three devices are connected.
Once you’ve successfully paired your device with your projector, you’ll see a list of files stored on your device under the My Files section of the app. From there, you can browse through the folders on your device and choose any videos you want to share over Wi-Fi.
You can also use a Wi-Fi router instead of a dedicated dongle. This will give you a better range and speed than a standalone dongle, but it may take longer to establish a connection between your device and the projector.
There are several wireless projectors available in the market. You can go through some best wireless projector models on the links below:
Connect tablet to projector via USB:
There are many ways to connect your tablet or smartphone to a projector using a USB adapter. The easiest method is to plug one end of the USB cable directly into your projector while leaving the other end plugged into your tablet or other android devices.
However, this requires you to unplug the cable from your tablet each time you want to switch projects. It’s also possible to use a USB hub to connect multiple devices at once. Here’s how to do it:
1. Connect the USB port on your projector to the USB port on your tablet.
2. Plug one end of the USB cord into your tablet and leave the other end plugged into the USB port on your projection screen.
3. Turn on the projector.
4. Turn on your tablet.
5. 6. Locate the “USB” category.
7. Right-click the USB Hub listed in the left pane.
8. Tap Uninstall.
9. Restart your tablet.
10. Launch the app.
11. Select the device you wish to pair with your projector.
12. Click the Wifi icon on its remote control.
13. Click the Play/Pause button on your projector’s remote control to begin streaming.
14. When you’d like to stop streaming, press the Pause button on your remote control again.
15. Find the Wifi icon on your tablet’s remote control, and click it to disconnect from the projector.
16. Repeat these steps until both devices are connected.
17. Once everything is working properly, you can remove the USB cable from your tablet and projector.
18. To turn off the projector, simply press the power button on its remote control. To turn off the tablet, double-tap the home button on its display.
19. Use the same process to reconnect your tablet to another projector if needed.
20. Finally, go back to your tablet and delete the video files you downloaded.
21. That’s all there is to it! Now you have a simple way to enjoy movies on your big screen.
How to Connect Apple/Android Device to a Projector?
The following steps show you how to connect your iPhone/iPad/Apple TV to a projector.
Step 1: Download the free VLC Media Player App from the Apple Store.
Step 2: Open the VLC Media Player App on your iOS device.
Step 3: Search for the file you want to play on your iOS device. (For example, search for the movie trailer you just downloaded.)
Step 4: Choose the file and then tap on the Share button.
Step 5: In the pop-up menu, choose “Airplay” and select the name of the projector.
Step 6: Your iOS device should now start playing the file on the projector.
Step 7: If you’d like to pause the playback, tap the Pause button on the remote control of the projector.
To resume the playback, tap the Resume button on the remote control.
You may need to adjust the volume settings on the projector to make sure the sound comes out loud enough.
In this tutorial, we showed you how to stream videos from your Android Devices or iOS Device to a projector. We explained how to pair two devices together so they can communicate with each other. We also discussed how to connect tablet to projector wirelessly and via USB.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc. Thanks!
Q: Can I use a different app to stream videos?
A: Yes, you can use any video player or downloader app you prefer. Just make sure it supports casting (i.e., the ability to send videos to a specific device).
Q: How do I know which apps support casting?
A: Simply search for “cast” in the App Store or Google Play store. If you see Cast in the name of the app, then it’s likely compatible with your device.
Q: What happens when my device runs out of space?
A: Your device will automatically delete old files after it reaches a certain amount of storage space. This allows you to keep more recent files on your device.